Thursday, February 16, 2012

And now to begin!

I created this magazine to not just showcase my photography, but to also showcase amazing shows.  I'm usually based in Detroit, but from now until August, I'll be living in NYC!  I love the Detroit scene and the shows there are unforgettable.  The crowd is energized and the Detroit Pride is being shouted from every direction.

I know Detroit crowds, I don't know New York crowds, well not yet anyways.  My goal while I'm here is to go to and photograph as many shows as possible.

Although this blog is primarily dedicated to music photography I don't want limit myself.  I picked the name "The Sights of Sound" because it reminded me of concerts in a "beneath the surface" kind of way, and because there are so many ways I could interpret what it means.  Anything goes because I say so.

A fun fact about my journey as a photographer:  I decided I wanted to pursue a career in photography on March 11, 2006.  I can tell you where I was, what I was doing and who I was with.  It was just one of those moments in life that you never forget.

When I started until late 2009,  I only had a point-and-shoot camera.  To this day I am still proud of the images I produced during that time.


Now, onto some Photography!

No comments:

Post a Comment