Tuesday, July 17, 2012

CBGB Fest @ Webster Hall, July 6th

So my boss sent me out to photograph the CBGB Fest.  The bands on that nights bill were Sai Nam, Absolution, Vision of Disorder, Cro-Mags & Sick Of It All.  Unfortunately things did not go as planned.  The show was shut down thanks to Harley Flanagan, co-founder and former bassist of the Cro-Mags stabbing 2 people.  There is word that 1 if not both of the people stabbed are current members of Cro-Mags.  He also allegedly bit one of them.   I actually saw the aftermath of the stabbing when Harley was being restrained by security and police.  Harley had an injury on one of his legs (his right I think) and it was bleeding pretty profusely (I might have seen bone).  Here are 2 articles I found about the incident that describe it the best!




Anyway I only got to shoot 2 of the 5 bands that night and because of that I think I'll just post the link to the slideshow up on The Voice's website. 

There's supposed to be a show to make up for this one being canceled but I haven't heard anything about it yet.  Whether I shoot it or not we shall have to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment