Friday, July 13, 2012

The Hives


The Hives played Terminal 5 on June 22nd.  It was my first time seeing them and it was absolutely amazing.  Whenever I find a band that sounds as good live as they do on their CD I instantly become a fan.  Besides sounding great, the show they put on was really something else.  Their backdrop alone had me super excited for what was to come.  One of the most interesting things about this band in my opinion is that their road crew were dressed like ninjas and everyone from what I can remember stuck to the band's black and white themed attire (although they were mostly in all black).  Their concert outfits were impeccable.  Top hats and long tail dress coats.  So spiffy!  I will admit to being scared that I was about to get smacked in the face or camera with the microphone the way it was being whipped around so much but it was worth it!

Here's a link to the slideshow posted up on the Village Voice's website!

Here are some extra photos from the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment